My eyes are watering just reading this!
It took a small army of doctors in San Francisco to treat this 47-year-old man after he bravely inhaled a cheeseburger with a gratuitous amount of ghost pepper sauce, which caused a rupture in his esophagus. The doctors said that the peppers have caused a 1-inch hole in his throat.
Fun fact: ghost peppers are over twice as hot as habanero peppers.
He’s been fitted with a gastric tube and sent home after 23 days in the hospital.
Ouch. UPI has more of the story here.