by Zigz l Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Music News provided by Pulse
An arrest warrant has been issued for Puddle Of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin, who failed to appear for a scheduled court date on Thursday (December 12th) for a progress report related to his cocaine possession case. According to Loudwire , the progress report was supposed to be part of a suspended sentence after Scantlin pleaded guilty to felony drug possession in 2012. Scantlin was ordered to enroll in the drug program while his conviction was delayed for 18 months. Missing this latest court date will not be good for his chances of staying out of prison.
- Bizarrely, TMZ ran into Scantlin on Thursday night, just hours after he missed his date in court. Scantlin denied missing the appearance and also denied other questions about missing a recent show and having problems with his neighbor.
- Scantlin's downward spiral has continued in 2013, with the rocker getting arrested on July 24th for allegedly vandalizing a neighbor's property with a buzz saw and a sledgehammer.
- The arrest was the latest in a long line of legal hassles for the musician. Back in May, he was arrested twice within the space of a week -- first on warrants stemming from his 2012 cocaine possession case, then on charges of domestic violence when he became physically abusive with his ex-wife Jessica outside a West Hollywood business.
- Scantlin also made news in February, when Jessica claimed that he stole her car. It was returned hours later although Scantlin's manager denied that the singer took it.
- Scantlin has also had problems with back tax payments and an altercation on an airplane in addition to last year's ugly divorce battle with Jessica.