There is a long list of new laws that take effect on July 1st… you know what they are?
Yeah, new laws go into effect this weekend! There are 133 new laws going in the books. WKRN News 2 had a good article explaining them, and highlighting 15 which may peak your interest. Those top 15 were…
1. Gas prices are going up.
2. Firearm silencers are now legal.
3. Teachers are getting more money for classroom supplies.
4. Blocking a public street is a crime.
5. Tougher rules for public employees who commit crimes while on the job.
6. Fines for voter fraud.
7. Spoofing is illegal.
8. Increased sentencing for people who target police or military.
9. Abortions banned after 20 weeks.
10. Homeowner’s associations can’t restrict how you display the American flag.
11. Purple paint is now a no trespassing sign.
12. Yearly armed intruder drills in schools.
13. Desecrating a place of worship or burial is now a felony.
14. Nurses practitioners can give minors drugs for STDs without a parent’s consent.
15. Credit cards can charge 30 percent interest.
You can read about all 133 HERE!