Happy National Beer Day, children. To celebrate this holiday, some facts about the world’s most loved beverage. I give you permission to show off and pick up chicks at bars with your knowledge of beer after this.
1. At any given time, 0.7% of the world is drunk. So 50 million people are drunk right now.
2. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
3. The world’s longest hangover lasted 4 weeks after a Scotsman consumed 60 pints of beer.
4. The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content.
5. Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day’s work, plus €10 and tobacco.
6. More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
7. In the 13th century, some people in Norway would baptize their children with beer.
8. You can swim in pools of beer in Austria.
9. 162,719 pints of Guinness beer are wasted each year due to mustaches.
10. In France, Germany, Austria, Spain and the Netherlands they serve beer in McDonald’s.
Read more from FactSlides.com here.