I get a good giggle out of these. Flying down the interstate at 70 mph (as far as you’re concerned) and the signs on the interstate crack me up. A few more catchy sayings will be added soon due to a recent contest from TDOT.
Over 3,000 entries have been submitted, and they’ve narrowed it down to five sayings to be added to the signs in the near future:
- “Turn signals, the original instant messaging.”
- “Get the cell off your phone and drive.”
- “Practice safe text. Don’t do it while driving.”
- “You’re in Tennessee. Volunteer to drive safe.”
- “Ain’t nobody got time for a wreck. Slow it down.”
Goal now is to actually get the drivers to listen to them. Put the phone down!